For more than two decades, Wild Blossom Meadery & Winery has been a fixture in Chicago, creating wine and mead using locally produced ingredients. The meads produced at Wild Blossom Meadery & Winery are among the most sustainably produced beverages in the world.
With more than 30 years of winemaking experience, Wild Blossom Meadery & Winery is the first winery in Chicago and the first producer of mead on the Northern Illinois Wine Trail. Being a mead producer, at Wild Blossom Meadery & Winery we raise our own bees and collect our own honey.
November 2016 our new Meadery & Winery will open at 9030 S. Hermitage Ave Chicago IL 60620
2016 Featured Wines
Meads – Honey Wines
- Hop Stinger – semi-sweet dry hopped mead
- Raspberry Peach – Tart raspberry flavor with a wonderful peach finish.
- Hibiscus Mead – A semi-sweet Honey wine infused with hibiscus flower. Floral aroma and flavor with a crisp honey finish.
- Apple Cin Mead – sweet apple mead
- Cranberry Mead – semi-dry honey wine fermented with cranberries.
- Blueberry Mead – semi-sweet honey wine with blueberries
- Chocolate Honey Buzz – a sweet mead with all natural cocoa added
- Chocolate Cherry Honey Buzz – Chocolate Cherry Mead – like a chocolate-covered cherry
- Prairie Passion – sweet all honey mead with huge honey flavor
- Sweet Desire – semi sweet mead fermented and aged 1 year in a Kentucky bourbon barrel. Smokey sweet bourbon flavor with complex oak and vanilla finish.
- Vanguard – Cherry mead fermented in a bourbon barrel for a year. Sweet Cherry flavor with a nice vanilla oak finish
- S’more Bochet – Caramelized honey fermented in a bourbon barrel infused with Chocolate and Vanilla.
- Pirates Blood – sweet and spicy capsumel infused with three different chili peppers. A smoky warmth gives way to honey sweetness. Bottled with 2 chili peppers to increase heat with age.
Traditional Grape Wines
- Chicago Bulls Blood – a dry full bodied blend of Cabernet, Merlot and Shiraz
- Chicago South Side Pinot Grigio – a dry and crisp, white wine
- Chicago South Side Zinfandel – Big red Zin with a nice oaky finish
- Red Honey Sangria – red wine sangria sweetened with organic honey and blended with raspberry and peach flavors.
- White Honey Sangria – white wine sangria sweetened with orange blossom honey, bursting with peach flavors.