For more than two decades, Wild Blossom Meadery & Winery has been a fixture in Chicago, creating wine and mead using locally produced ingredients. The meads produced at Wild Blossom Meadery & Winery are among the most sustainably produced beverages in the world.
With more than 30 years of winemaking experience, Wild Blossom Meadery & Winery is the first winery in Chicago and the first producer of mead on the Northern Illinois Wine Trail. Being a mead producer, at Wild Blossom Meadery & Winery we raise our own bees and collect our own honey.
November 2016 our new Meadery & Winery opened at 9030 S. Hermitage Ave Chicago IL 60620
2019 Featured Wines
Meads – Honey Wines
- Prairie Passion – sweet all honey mead with huge honey flavor
- Pom Nectar – pomegranate mead
- Blueberry Nectar – blueberry mead
- Wild Berry Nectar – wild berry mead
- Bacon Mead – bacon lovers bliss
- Sweet Desire – semi sweet mead fermented and aged 1 year in a Kentucky bourbon barrel. Smokey sweet bourbon flavor with complex oak and vanilla finish.
- Pirates Blood – sweet and spicy capsumel infused with three different chili peppers. A smoky warmth gives way to honey sweetness. Bottled with 2 chili peppers to increase heat with age.
Traditional Grape Wines
- Chicago Bulls Blood – a dry full bodied red grape blend
- Chicago Dego Red – a dry, high ABV red grape blend