Opening in 2015, West of Wise Winery is a small batch winery located south of Petersburg, Illinois. They feature wines from Illinois-grown grapes and other select vineyards. Many of the grapes are from their family vineyard – Ratio Vineyard in Kilbourne, Illinois.
2017 Featured Wines
- True North – A dry medium to full-bodied red wine with spicy notes from the small clustered Norton varietal.
- Spring Lake – Made from Frontenac grapes, this semi-sweet garnet red wine has a cherry aroma and flavors of red berry, plum and hints of blackberry.
- Bottle Rock Red – A sweet red wine made from Concord grapes.
- Weathervane White – A dry full-bodied white made from Chardonel grapes.
- Avalanche – made from Seyval Blanc grapes, this is a crisp, semi-dry white with the aroma of apricots, peaches and nectarines.
- Strike the Gold – This semi-sweet white is made from Traminette grapes.
- Jordan’s Creek – Light, sweet and refreshing wine made from Chardonel grapes.
- Marin – A sweet blush from Catawba grapes, a native American grape with raspberry and a smooth finish.
FRUIT WINES & SANGRIAS
- Blackberry Reserve – A semi-sweet blackberry wine
- Rover’s Ramble – A sweet raspberry wine
- Peach Sangria – White Sweet Sangria
- Blackberry Sangria – Red Sweet Sangria