Opening in 2015, West of Wise Winery is a small batch winery located south of Petersburg, Illinois. They feature wines from Illinois-grown grapes and other select vineyards. Many of the grapes are from their family vineyard – Ratio Vineyard in Kilbourne, Illinois.
2018 Featured Wines
- True North– A dry medium to full-bodied red wine with spicy notes from the small clustered Norton varietal.
- Rosé – An Official Illinois Bicentennial Wine. Semi Dry with aromas of cherry, fig and pomegranate. Has a complex red fruit profile while remaining bright and refreshing. **Bicentennial Rosé Wine**
- Spring Lake– Made from Frontenac grapes, this semi-sweet garnet red wine has a cherry aroma and flavors of red berry, plum and hints of blackberry.
- Bottle Rock Red – A sweet traditional red wine made from Concord grapes.
- Weathervane White– A dry full-bodied white made from Chardonel grapes.
- Strike the Gold– This semi-sweet white is made from Traminette grapes.
- Marin – A sweet blush from Catawba grapes, a native American grape with raspberry and a smooth finish.
- Peach Sangria– White Sweet Sangria (By the glass and bottle.)
- Blackberry Sangria – Red Sweet Sangria (By the glass and bottle.)