West of Wise Winery
- Website: WestofWise.com/
- Booth #: 13
West of Wise Winery
Opening in 2015, West of Wise Winery is a small batch winery located south of Petersburg, Illinois. They feature wines from Illinois-grown grapes and other select vineyards. Many of the grapes are from their family vineyard – Ratio Vineyard in Kilbourne, Illinois.
2023 Featured Wines
- Weathervane White-Chardonel– A dry full-bodied white with hints of melon and citrus.
- Bourbon Barrel Norton– A dry, medium to full – bodied red wine with spicy notes from the small clustered Norton varietal aged in a Four Roses bourbon barrels.
- Tina’s Red Blend – Our very own red blend of 3 grape varietals, made in the Meritage style. This dark cherry, red wine has aromas of blackberry & spice. This wine is fruity & tangy on the pallet, the tannins are smooth with a hint of oak & a finish that bursts with cherry. Co-Owner Tina’s absolute favorite.
- Avalanche- Seyval Blanc – This popular French-American hybrid is a crisp, semi-dry white with the aroma of apricots, peaches and nectarines.
- Strike the Gold-Traminette –This semi-sweet white is a hybrid of Gewürztraminer with a fragrant floral aroma. honey & apricot flavors.
- Blackberry Hard Cider – Governor’s Cup Winner! This refreshing, sweet cider is full of blackberry flavor handcrafted from local apples. This can is perfect for the pool or backyard on a hot day!
- The Church Lady – This sweet blend has just the right amount of concord & apple wine, with smooth & crisp blueberry on the finish. Perfect for fall!
- Peach Sangria – Illinois Double Gold Medal Winner. Light, refreshing and perfect for sipping.
- Pink Naked Lady – Illinois Gold Medal Winner. Pink sangria bursting with strawberry flavors, lemon on the back & just a hint of passion fruit. Great to sip by the pool!
- Blackberry Sangria – Illinois Gold Medal Winner. The perfect sangria blend with flavors of blackberry, and cranberry. Sweet and smooth.