Opening in 2015, West of Wise Winery is a small batch winery located south of Petersburg, Illinois. They feature wines from Illinois-grown grapes and other select vineyards. Many of the grapes are from their family vineyard – Ratio Vineyard in Kilbourne, Illinois.
2019 Featured Wines
- True North-Norton– A dry medium to full-bodied red wine with spicy notes from the small clustered Norton varietal.
- Spring Lake-Frontenac– A semi-sweet garnet red wine with a cherry aroma. This crisp wine has flavors of red berry, plum and hints of blackberry.
- Tina’s Red Blend – A semi-dry red blend with dark fruit flavors of black raspberry and blackberry, with some spicy notes complimented by a soft mouth feel and good structure.
- Weathervane White-Chardonel-Dry– A dry full-bodied white with hints of melon and citrus.
- Avalanche- Seyval Blanc – This popular French-American hybrid is a crisp, semi-dry white with the aroma of apricots, peaches and nectarines.
- Strike the Gold-Traminette –This semi-sweet white is a hybrid of Gewurztraminer with a fragrant aroma. It has honey and apricot flavors and some spicy characteristics from its parent.
- Blackberry Reserve –Semi-sweet blackberry reserve wine. Made with blackberries picked on the farm.
- Pink Naked Lady – Pink sangria from white wine bursting with strawberry flavors, lemon on the back and just a hint of passion fruit. Perfect chilled or over ice and garnished with a lime.
- Peach Sangria– Illinois Double Gold Medal Winner. Light, refreshing and perfect for sipping.
- Blackberry Sangria – Illinois Gold Medal Winner. The perfect sangria blend with flavors of blackberry, and cranberry. Sweet and smooth.