The soft rolling hills, fertile acreage and a heritage steeped in memories propelled the creation of Walker’s Bluff in 2008. Acquiring land that had been in Cynde Bunch’s family since 1934 was the first step toward what would become Southern Illinois’ premier dining and entertainment venue.
2018 Featured Wines
- Syrah – no description available
- Cabernet Sauvignon – A BIG BOLD full-bodied red wine. It is a well-balanced wine with great structure and medium tannins. Flavors of this wine are black cherry, vanilla oak, black pepper and violets.
- Solar Red – A medium bodied dry red wine made from a blend of high quality Zinfandel and Syrah grapes. Solar Red contains fruity notes of fig, plum, cherry and cranberry jam combined with some earthy characteristics and a backbone of oak. It finishes with a slightly spicy black pepper taste. This wine pairs exceptionally well with pork, roasted game, lamb, BBQ chicken and tomato based pasta.
- Concord – no description available
- Chardonnay – no description available
- WB White – An aromatic wine with captivating aromas of gardenia, honeysuckle and jasmine. Flavors of this extremely enjoyable wine are topical with peach, apricot and citrus. The wine’s finish is clean and crisp.
- Moscato – A still wine (no bubbles) made from a blend of Muscat of Alexandria and Muscat Canelli. This wine is very sweet and has flavors of peach, orange blossom and nectarine. Pairs well with Asian cuisine, chicken, light flaky fish and BBQ pork
- Rosé – refreshing and lightly acidic. This is a beautiful wine with flavors of grapefruit, orange blossom and vanilla. Enjoy anytime of the day, goes very well with brunch or alone on a hot summer day. It pairs well with salads and mild cheeses.