At home in the Heart of Central Illinois, Sunset Lake Vineyards is pleased to share our passion for wine, our love for the land and our German heritage.
Once you have experienced Sunset Lake Vineyards, our excellent wines, the tranquility and beauty of the surroundings and our genuine German “Gemütlichkeit,” you will feel bound to come back again and again.
2018 Featured Wines
DRY RED WINES
- Abendrot – “Evening Sunset” is a lovely dry red blend of Foch and DeChaunac grapes featuring hints of raspberry and spicy finish. Not oaked.
- Maximillian – Named for Rudi’s grandfather, this is a pleasant blend of St. Croix, Chambourcin, Frontenac and Marquette grapes. There is a melody of flavors from cherry, dark berries, hints of caramel and pepper.
- Bernese Red – off dry Frontenac with hints of cherry and black currant.
- Die Winzer – Fortified dry Frontenac wine aged 3 years in oak barrels with lovely hints of vanilla, cherry and a touch of oak. 375 ml bottle
SEMI-SWEET RED WINES
- Schlittenfahrt – “Sleigh Ride” (not what you think you read!) – fun Chambourcin wine, lightly sweet with notes of cherry. Can also be served at room temperature.
- The Debriefer – Red Sangria with infused flavors of orange, citrus, kiwi and sangria spice. Yummy!
- Windmill Dreams – semi sweet Steuben hinting of strawberry and cinnamon.
- Feierabend – dry Traminette – subtle hints of tropical fruit and soft ginger finish. Winemaker’s favorite!
- Golden Days – dry Seyval Blanc – citrus, light green apple. Very refreshing summer wine.
- Weisse Eiche – dry Cayuga white – light citrus, white grapefruit but with a nutty finish.
- Vogelgezwitscher – dry Riesling – nice soft but crisp drier Riesling with hints of citrus and apricot.
- Golden Days – semi sweet Seyval Blanc offering the same savory flavors as our off dry version, but with a sweet touch.
- Heimat – semi sweet Riesling with hints of citrus and apricot.
SWEET WHITE SANGRIA WINE
- The Cruiser – Time for fun! This sassy sweet white sangria boasts flavors of kiwi and bit of citrus.