Mackinaw Valley Vineyard
- Website: Mackinawvalleyvineyard.com
Mackinaw Valley Vineyard
Come and experience one of Illinois’s most picturesque destinations or as we like to say, “Wine country in our own backyard”
We look forward to welcoming you to Mackinaw Valley Vineyard & Winery, a year round Midwest destination located conveniently in central Illinois about a 20-30 minute drive from Peoria, Morton, Bloomington-Normal, Pekin and Lincoln. We offer about 20 wines for sampling with a nice selection of dry and sweet; red, white and blush wines. We also host many events to appeal to all ages and tastes.
2021 Featured Wines
Red Table Wines
- COLE’S CLASSIC (dry): A dry red with a pleasant full dark blackberry nose and dark blackberry flavors, with a full yet light smoky touch on the finish. 2021 GOLD Medal at Illinois State Fair
- ALEXANDER’S CONQUEST (off dry): This wine is a blend of Marchel Foch, Frontenac and Cabernet. It’s low in tannins and medium acidity. A spicy on set with a hint of cloves, black currant and a smooth finish. 2021 DOUBLE GOLD Medal at Illinois State Fair
- PRISCILLA’S PASSION (dry): This dry wine pleases those that enjoy a Chardonnay. It is a dry medium bodied white wine blend with crisp notes and a buttery smooth French oak finish.
- SEYVAL BLANC (sweet): This sweet wine has citrus characteristics and a refreshing apple and pear finish. Serve chilled, great with fish and poultry dishes. 2020 Silver Medal at Illinois State Fair, 2021 Bronze Medal Illinois State Fair
- NICOLE’S BLUSH (sweet): Our version of a white zinfandel is a blend of Seyval Blanc and a red wine blend with added sweetness. A perfect complement to a snack or meal.
- CARLY’S CREATION (sweet): A concord wine, one of our most popular, grapey, and sweet, a year-round treat.
- WHITE DRAGON: This sweet white wine blend has a pineapple flavoring that gives it a sweet tropical taste that brings out a touch of honey on the palate with a light crisp pleasing finish.
- RED DRAGON: This red wine blend has apple flavoring and a fun complexity with fruity sweet apple and cherry flavors and also a tangy festive cranberry flavored finish. This sweet wine can be chilled and enjoyed alone, or for a cold weather treat warm it up and add a cinnamon stick, and a few orange slices with a couple of cloves for a great hot winter wassail.
Fortified Red Wine
- THE GREEN DRAGON: Blended from Corot Noir, Baco Noir and fortified with brandy distilled from our red wine blend. Enjoy this treat of an after-dinner aperitif style wine. It comes in a large 750ml bottle and has a long shelf life at your home once opened because of the higher alcohol content of 18%, much longer than a regular wine. 2019 Silver Medal at Illinois State Fair