Acres of rolling farmland hosting 22 different specialty grapes, 60,000+ gallons of wine per year, 40 wine varieties, three tasting rooms and thirty plus years later and many cherished friendships, the Lawlors are proud to have created a family legacy…that now spans three generations.
Winemaker, Chis Lawlor-White has been honored twice as “Winemaker of the Year”—in 2002 and 2008–by the Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Association. Chris has been an active member and a champion in the viticulture community, leading seminars and working with the state viticulturist on the Galena Cellars Vineyard to experiment with growing Midwest hybrid grapes and educate others in the art and science of “winegrowing” in Northern Illinois. She has also mentored many winemakers from throughout the state.
2018 Featured Wines
- Oktoberfest – German style, semi-dry white Riesdling blend.
- Seyval Blanc – Bright, crisp and clean, this Illinois grown Seyval Blanc showcases vibrant acidity, peach, and grapefruit. Pair with your favorite seafood dish.
- Muscat Canelli – This white wine is a luscious, semi-sweet, fruity varietal wine with the aromas of peaches, pineapple and an exciting twist of vanilla. Enjoy it chilled with strawberries and cheese.
- Señorita Sangarita – Tastes just like a Margarita! A refreshing summer treat serve blended or over ice as a wine spritzer. Marinate with citrus fruit.
- Berry Berry Berry – The ultimate VERY Berry, Berry, Berry wine experience is an artfully crafted blend of Blackberry that instantly entertains your nose, Aronia Berry that teases your palette with its bold tannin qualities, and finishes with a Blueberry kiss. This is a cheesecake’s dream come true for a pairing wine!
- Caramel Apple – Apple wine with caramel flavoring.
- Spiced Apple – Produced from Gays Mills Wisconsin apples fresh apple juice. Fermented cold to capture the fresh apple essence and is seasoned with cinnamon and cloves. Not only soothing and satisfying when served warm, it fills your home with wonderful holiday aromas. Served chilled or gently heated.
- General’s Reserve Red – A classic blend of European varietals and native French hybrid grape varietals resulting in a premium red wine with notes of plum & chocolate and soft, velvety tannins to round off the finish.
- Señor Sangria – A summer favorite! This heavily fruit flavored wine would do well served over ice with your favorite citrus fruit added.