Acres of rolling farmland hosting 22 different specialty grapes, 60,000+ gallons of wine per year, 40 wine varieties, three tasting rooms and thirty plus years later and many cherished friendships, the Lawlors are proud to have created a family legacy…that now spans three generations.
Winemaker, Chis Lawlor-White has been honored twice as “Winemaker of the Year”—in 2002 and 2008–by the Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Association. Chris has been an active member and a champion in the viticulture community, leading seminars and working with the state viticulturist on the Galena Cellars Vineyard to experiment with growing Midwest hybrid grapes and educate others in the art and science of “winegrowing” in Northern Illinois. She has also mentored many winemakers from throughout the state.
2019 Featured Wines
- Seyval Blanc – Bright, crisp and clean, this blend of Seyval Blanc shows vibrant acidity, citrus aromas and characteristic grapefruit flavors.
- General’s Reserve Red – A classic blend of European varietals and native French hybrid grape varietals resulting in a premium red wine with lush fruit, soft tannins and a hint of oak.
- Oktoberfest – This German-style, semi-dry white wine is a blend of Traminette, Riesling, and Muscat grapes. Our most popular wine!
- Muscat Canelli – This white wine is a luscious, semi-sweet, fruity variety with aromas of peaches, pineapple and an exciting twist of vanilla.
- Señor Sangria – Olė! A summer favorite! This light red wine is infused with natural fruit flavors and tastes great served over ice or spritzed with white soda and your favorite citrus fruit added.
- Señorita Sangarita – Tastes just like a Margarita. A refreshing summer treat that can be served blended or over ice as a wine spritzer.
- Merry Merry Cranberry – The sparkling version of our popular cranberry wine. Great for the Holidays!
- Berry Berry Berry – This ultimate VERY Berry wine experience is an artfully crafted blend of Blackberry that instantly entertains the nose, Aronia Berry that teases your palette with its bold tannin qualities, and finishes with a Blueberry kiss.
- Spiced Apple – A great wine for cold weather, our Spiced Apple is made from Wisconsin apples and apple pie spices. Serve chilled or warmed up on cold winter nights.
- Caramel Apple – This sweet wine is produced from locally grown apples from Gays Mills, Wisconsin. Intense caramel followed by crisp, refreshing apple. Enjoyed chilled with dessert or serve warm on a chilly night.
- Strawberry Rhubarb – Enjoy the combined flavors of these two summer favorites! This delightful, fruity sipping wine is produced from locally sourced, sun ripened strawberries and fresh crisp rhubarb.
- Jalapeño Wine – Pepper up with this exciting white wine infused with serrano and jalapeño peppers. A wine with a sweet heat and a great new base for your favorite Bloody Mary.