We are located in the Southeastern Illinois countryside amid the low rolling hills of the old orchard country of Richland county. Once the center of the apple and peach growing industry, this area is ideal for the growing of French-American hybrid wine grapes (with one major reservation–late Spring freezes). The soils and the intense summer heat allow the making of wines with very pronounced fruity flavors. This allows us to craft wines in the traditional styles that are a truly unique experience in full flavored, fruity aromas, without the need for heavy oaking.
2017 Featured Wines
- RAPUZEL — Dry white, brilliant, and crisp wine for all your lighter fares. Pinot Grigio style.
- DEER FARM WHITE– Sweet, white wine blend with citrus aromas and flavors. Great with desserts or after meals. For a surprise try with Italian sauces. Moscato style.
- VIXEN’S CHEEK – Semi-sweet Catawba blush wine with very pleasing acidity. A great sipping wine. Excellent mixer with ginger ale.
- PEAR WINE – Sweet, ripe fresh pears show their natural goodness. Also excellent with barbeque and grilled meats.
- BLACKBERRY CHEER – Sweet, fruity wine with a bit of zest. Made from Richland County Illinois grown blackberries.
- SWEET STRAWBERRY – Made from fresh strawberries, with a wonderful aroma and flavor. Just imagine the whipped cream!
- ARONIA BERRY, DRY– Incredibly deep color, delightfully aromatic, rich body and bursting with a complex and distinctive berry taste with good tannins. Aronia Berry is a “Superfruit” with extremely high antioxidants.
- ARONIA BERRY, SWEET – Sweet, well-balanced wine with bold berry flavors. Aronia Berry is a “Superfruit” with extremely high antioxidants.
- DEEP PURPLE – Sweet Chambourcin with great frontal aromas and a long sweet finish. Enjoy with red meat or game.
- HEARTHSIDE II – Sweet blend with a soft, smooth taste that is reminiscent of Concord. Great after-dinner sipping wine.
- CHAMBOURCIN – Off-dry 100% Chambourcin grape medium-bodied wine with great aromas. Try it with any meat or game dish. Surprisingly good with light salads and sandwiches.
- RED FOX – Dry red blend. A premium wine with a hint of oak.