Fox Creek Vineyards
- Website: FoxCreekWinery.com
Fox Creek Vineyards
We are located in the Southeastern Illinois countryside amid the low rolling hills of the old orchard country of Richland county. Once the center of the apple and peach growing industry, this area is ideal for the growing of French-American hybrid wine grapes (with one major reservation–late Spring freezes). The soils and the intense summer heat allow the making of wines with very pronounced fruity flavors. This allows us to craft wines in the traditional styles that are a truly unique experience in full flavored, fruity aromas, without the need for heavy oaking.
2022 Featured Wines
- DEEP PURPLE – Sweet Red Chambourcin with great frontal aromas and a long sweet finish. Flavors of a port. Enjoy with red meat or game. Delightful with chocolate
- PEACH WINE – Sweet, pure, natural peach wine made from fresh, locally grown peaches.
- HEARTHSIDE II – Sweet Red blend with a soft, smooth taste that is light and “grapey”. Great after-dinner sipping wine
- PEAR-FECTION – Sweet, ripe fresh pears show their natural goodness in this light, sweet wine. Excellent with barbeque and grilled meats. Try with baked brie. Wonderful in slushies, or warmed as a mulled wine
- APPLE BLACK WALNUT – We may be a little nutty, but we started with Sweet Apple Wine from local fresh apples and added Natural Black Walnut flavor!
- HEARTHSIDE I – Semi-dry blend, soft and smooth taste that is light and “grapey”. Use for an invigorating night-cap, or just for fun.
- BLACKBERRY CHEER – Semi-sweet, fruity wine with a bit of zest. Made from locally grown blackberries.
- CHOCORAZ – Semi-sweet Raspberry wine with natural Chocolate flavor. Expect a slight tartness from the raspberries, followed by a smooth chocolate finish. Yummy!!
- DEER FARM RED – Dry wine with a very brisk opening and a full black cherry aroma enveloped in a bold smokiness. Fantastic with steak and baked potatoes. Or with chocolate.
- TRUE BLUE –Dry Blueberry Wine with light oak. Very pleasant blueberry sensation!