We are located in the Southeastern Illinois countryside amid the low rolling hills of the old orchard country of Richland county. Once the center of the apple and peach growing industry, this area is ideal for the growing of French-American hybrid wine grapes (with one major reservation–late Spring freezes). The soils and the intense summer heat allow the making of wines with very pronounced fruity flavors. This allows us to craft wines in the traditional styles that are a truly unique experience in full flavored, fruity aromas, without the need for heavy oaking.
2019 Featured Wines
- RED FOX – Dry red blend of Chambourcin and Marechal Foch. A premium wine with a hint of oak.
- CHAMBOURCIN – Off-dry 100% Chambourcin grape medium-bodied wine with great aromas. Try it with any meat or game dish. Surprisingly good with light salads and sandwiches.
- DEEP PURPLE – Sweet Chambourcin with great frontal aromas and a long sweet finish. Enjoy with red meat or game.
- HEARTHSIDE II – Sweet blend with a soft, smooth, “grapey” taste. Great after-dinner sipping wine.
- TRAMINETTE — Dry white varietal. A floral wine with a bit of spice.
- DEER FARM WHITE– Sweet, white wine blend with citrus aromas and flavors. Great with desserts or after meals. For a surprise try with Italian sauces. Moscato style.
- RASPBERRY WINE – Tart, Semi-sweet Raspberry wine. Very refreshing.
- KICKIN’ THE BLUES – Fresh Blueberry wine, with light oak.
- BLACKBERRY CHEER – Sweet, fruity wine with a bit of zest. Made from locally grown blackberries.
- ARONIA BERRY, SWEET – Sweet, well-balanced, complex wine with earthy, bold berry flavors. Aronia Berry is a “Superfruit” with high antioxidants.
- BERRY BLITZ – NEW! Sweet, Blackberry Raspberry wine from fresh berries.
- PEACH WINE — Sweet, pure, natural peach wine made from fresh, locally grown peaches.
- PEAR WINE – Sweet, ripe fresh pears show their natural goodness. Also excellent with barbeque and grilled meats.