Blue Sky Vineyards
- Website: BlueSkyVineyard.com
- Booth #: 21
Blue Sky Vineyards
Anchoring the eastern end of the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail, our winery offers you “The Romance of Italy in the Hills of Southern Illinois”. We are open year-round, 7 days a week, to provide great Illinois wine. Please join us for wine tasting, a variety of hearty sandwiches, soups, pizzas, and snacks, as well as wine-alternatives such as beer and non-alcoholic beverages. Come enjoy our large indoor seating area and two beautiful outdoor terraces that overlook our vineyard and the rolling countryside.
2023 Featured Wines
Dry Whites & Rosé
- Vignoles – A clean full-bodied, white wine with fresh grapefruit flavors and crisp tropical aromas. A full body and smooth finish make this wine a treat for any palate.
- Rosé – Floral and fruity aromas of roses, watermelon, and strawberries give this rose’ a nice balance of tannins and acidity.
- Chambourcin Reserve – This estate bottled wine is aged in French and American Oak Barrels for 2 years. It is a complex, fruit-forward wine. Full-bodied with delightful nuances of smoky oak. Gold Medal at the 2023 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Cabernet Franc – Aged two years in French & American oak barrels, this wine is earthy with a complex blend of spice, berry fruit and cedar aromas.
- Papa’s Rosa – A young Chambourcin wine with hints of fresh berry and black currants. This wine is meant to be drank young, similar to a Nouveau wine.
- Misterioso – This medium-bodied rosé wine is crisp and clean with a berry nose and a delightful fruit finish. Sweet, ripe berry aromas and zensty citrus flavors flow across the palate.
- Rocky Comfort White – A unique blend of white Southern Illinois grapes; delicate notes of pineapple and pear mingle with a touch of lemon.
- Rocky Comfort Red – This vibrant sweet wine is made from a medley of grapes. A complex wine with a clean, crisp flavor and a wealth of character that can only be found in Illinois.
- Hysterica – A sweet Illinois with a flavor reminiscent of grapes from Grandma’s back yard; luscious, sweet and grapey.
- Cream Sherry – Rich aromas of butterscotch and almonds complement this deliciously sweet sherry with nuances of toffee and a creamy finish.