- Website: AltoVineyards.net
- Booth #: 20
The Renzaglia Family welcomes you to Alto Vineyards and invites you to taste some of the finest wine produced in the United States. Located on the scenic Shawnee Hills Wine Trail, our family-owned vineyard and winery offers the unique flavors of southern Illinois wine. Kick back and relax with a glass of your favorite vino in our tranquil atmosphere while enjoying the beautiful vineyard scenery for the genuine southern Illinois wine experience.
2021 Featured Wines
- Chardonel – a dry French American hybrid of Chardonnay/Seyval with light, citrus and nutty flavors and a bright nose of crisp granny smith apples.
- Wiener Dog White – A Proprietor’s blend of Vignoles, Villard Blanc, Vidal Blanc, and Chardonel grapes, with a melon aroma and mango & pear flavors.
- Heartland White – Made with Niagara grapes, Medium bodied, great balance of fruit, acid and sweetness.
- Shawnee Gold – a Vidal grape, Moscato-style white with apricot and citrus aromas and light, sweet finish.
- Norton – Aromas of coffee and cassis flavors. Similar to some of the Bordeaux wines in France.
- Chambourcin – The signature grape of the Shawnee Hills, this is our premium, dry, full-bodied wine with soft tannins and a black cherry and plum finish. Winner of a Silver medal at the 2019 INDY Wine Competition.
- Cabernet Sauvignon – Medium-bodied, this wine displays the typical cassis and leafy characters on the bouquet, and is supple and smooth on the palate.
- Dawg House Red – a Chambourcin grape, medium-bodied dry red with notes of black cherry and pepper, and a salute to the SIU Salukis.
- Rocko Red – Full bodied Chambourcin wine. For those who want the benefits of a red wine.
- Heartland Red – Light bodied red with a fruity aroma and hints of strawberry and cherry flavors.
- Heartland Blush – one of the most popular wines made in Southern Illinois, this concord is fruity and juicy like grandma’s grape jelly. Won a Silver medal in the 2019 IL State Wine Competition Silver Medal.
- Black N Blush – A delicious fruit wine made from blackberries and concord grapes, a bit more bold and sweet than the Heartland Blush. One of our top sellers!
- Super Blush – This delicious concord wine is fruity and juicy, and as sweet as your grandma.
- Nona Mia Sangria – A versatile, lighter bodied red wine mixed with a refreshing blend of tropical fruit concentrates and savory spices.
- Rosato – our premium semi-dry Rosé made from Chambourcin grapes is our newest wine. It is crisp and light, grapefruit forward with bright acidity and melon notes. It won Double Gold at the 2019 IL State Wine Competition and Gold at the 2019 Intl Women’s Wine Competition.
- Late Harvest Reserve Gold – This deliciously sweet dessert wine is made from late harvest reserve grapes.
- Porto di Guido – a traditional family favorite, this port-style wine is made from our estate Chambourcin grapes. Full bodied and strong, with the scents of cherry and chocolate and a hint of oak, this wine is perfect for special occasions. Winner of a silver medal at the 2019 INDY Wine Competition.