- Booth #: 20
The Renzaglia Family welcomes you to Alto Vineyards and invites you to taste some of the finest wine produced in the United States. Located on the scenic Shawnee Hills Wine Trail, our family-owned vineyard and winery offers the unique flavors of southern Illinois wine. Kick back and relax with a glass of your favorite vino in our tranquil atmosphere while enjoying the beautiful vineyard scenery for the genuine southern Illinois wine experience.
2019 Featured Wines
- Chardonel – a dry French American hybrid of Chardonnay/Seyval with light, citrus and nutty flavors and a bright nose of crisp granny smith apples.
- Vidal Blanc – a bright, medium-bodied wine with aromas of pear and pineapple with a clean palate and a smooth finish. Winner of a Silver medal at the 2019 INDY International Wine Competition.
- Shawnee Gold – a Vidal grape, Moscato-style white with apricot and citrus aromas and light, sweet finish.
- Chambourcin – The signature grape of the Shawnee Hills, this is our premium, dry, full-bodied wine with soft tannins and a black cherry and plum finish. Winner of a Silver medal at the 2019 INDY Wine Competition.
- Dawg House Red – a Chambourcin grape, medium-bodied dry red with notes of black cherry and pepper, and a salute to the SIU Salukis.
- Heartland Blush – one of the most popular wines made in Southern Illinois, this concord is fruity and juicy like grandma’s grape jelly. Won a Silver medal in the 2019 IL State Wine Competition Silver Medal.
- Black N Blush – A delicious fruit wine made from blackberries and concord grapes, a bit more bold and sweet than the Heartland Blush. One of our top sellers!
- Rosato – our premium semi-dry Rosé made from Chambourcin grapes is our newest wine. It is crisp and light, grapefruit forward with bright acidity and melon notes. It won Double Gold at the 2019 IL State Wine Competition and Gold at the 2019 Intl Women’s Wine Competition.
- Porto di Guido – a traditional family favorite, this port-style wine is made from our estate Chambourcin grapes. Full bodied and strong, with the scents of cherry and chocolate and a hint of oak, this wine is perfect for special occasions. Winner of a silver medal at the 2019 INDY Wine Competition.