The Renzaglia Family welcomes you to Alto Vineyards and invites you to taste some of the finest wine produced in the United States. Located on the scenic Shawnee Hills Wine Trail, our family-owned vineyard and winery offers the unique flavors of southern Illinois wine. Kick back and relax with a glass of your favorite vino in our tranquil atmosphere while enjoying the beautiful vineyard scenery for the genuine southern Illinois wine experience.
2016 Featured Wines
- Chardonel (DRY) – French-American cross with light, fruitful nutty flavors and a bright nose citrus aromas. Pair with pork, chicken, white cream pastas, and grilled pizzas
- Vidal Blanc (SEMI-DRY) – Fun varietal with aromas of pear and pineapple.
Pair with sushi with wasabi and ginger, or your favorite hot and spicy dishes
- Traminette (SEMI-DRY) – Regional favorite with a wonderful floral aroma with spice and key lime flavors. Pair with Thai cuisine or yummy cream sauces
- Wiener Dog White (SEMI- DRY) – Proprietor’s blend of Chardonel, Vignoles, Villard, and Vidal grapes named after our former winery dog, Lucy. Pair with fish, shellfish, chicken, and green salads
- Shawnee Gold (SWEET) – German-style wine, similar to a Moscato or Riesling, with apricot and citrus aromas and a sweet finish. Pair with chicken salad or a lighter dessert like angel food cake
- Heartland Blush (SWEET) – Delicate and fruity Concord wine is reminiscent of grandma’s grape jelly. Pair with fruit and cheese appetizers
- Cherry Berry (SWEET) – A blend of cherries and raspberries make a “berry” delightful sweet wine. Pair with cheese cake or ice cream
- Black -N- Blush (SWEET) – Our newest release to the wine list! A delicious fruit wine made from blackberries & Concord grapes.
- Chambourcin (DRY) – A signature of the Shawnee Hills, this premium, rich, full-bodied wine, has soft tannins and a black cherry and plum finish. Pair with grilled beef and portabella mushrooms, or your favorite red sauce pizza
- Shiraz (DRY) – Gently spicy and fragrant red fruits of the bouquet lead into a light to medium-bodied palate of spice and red fruits with a long fresh finish. Pair with most red meats, duck and pasta dishes with red sauce
- Dawg House Red (DRY) – House favorite blend of Chambourcin makes for a complex, medium-bodied wine with notes of black cherry and prune.
Pair with just about anything at anytime, including Saluki events!
- Summer Sangria (SWEET) – Special blend of the Nona Mia Sangria, Cherry Berry, and fruit juices finished with a splash of tonic. Pair with a sunny day and friends on the patio