Fourteen out of the nineteen selected Illinois Bicentennial Rosé wines will be available to taste at Vintage Illinois 2018!
The Illinois Grape Growers & Vintners Alliance, in partnership with the Illinois Bicentennial Commission and the Illinois Department of Agriculture, is proud to announce that Illinois-grown Rosé is the official wine of the Illinois Bicentennial! Rather than have a single wine represent the entire industry, the IGGVA has curated a quality-assured wine style for Illinois’ 200th birthday: dry to semi-dry rosé. Rosé was chosen because Illinois’ producers are making world-class wines in this style from a variety of grapes, including those grown in both northern and southern Illinois.
In order to be selected, wines had to meet both quality and stylistic goals. These standards were established by collaborative efforts between industry members and grape and wine specialists. Each wine went through a quality assurance evaluation process to qualify to be named a Bicentennial Wine. Here are the 19 Illinois wines that received this honor.
* Alto Vineyards – 2017 Rosato
* August Hill Winery – 2017 La Belle Rosé
* August Hill Winery – Chambourcin Rosé
* Blue Sky Vineyards – White Chambourcin
Danenberger Family Vineyards – LoveLocks 2017 Chambourcin Dry Rosé
* Fox Valley Winery – Dry Rosé
* Galena Cellars – Chambourcin Rosé
* Galena Cellars – Frontenac Gris
* Galena Cellars – Vineyard Rosé
Hidden Lake Winery – Chambourcin Rosé
* Kite Hill Vineyards – Rosé
* Massbach Ridge Winery – 2017 Sunrise Red Rosé Wine
* Prairie State Winery – Chambourcin Rosé
* Spirit Knob Winery – Day’s End
StarView Vineyards – Dry Rosé
Tres Rojas Winery – Leon Rosé
Twelve Oaks Vineyard – Chambourcin Rosé
* Walker’s Bluff Winery – Rosé
* West of Wise Winery – Rosé
* The wines marked with an asterisk above are the Bicentennial Rosés available at Vintage Illinois 2018!
On Dec. 3, 1818, Illinois became the 21st state in the union. The Illinois Bicentennial is a yearlong celebration of what has been BORN, BUILT & GROWN in the state and a reminder of why we are #IllinoisProud. With the endorsement from the Bicentennial Commission and IGGVA, each of the above named wineries will be celebrating the Bicentennial with events and activities throughout the year. Wines will be on sale at each of the selected wineries. Experience Illinois rosé wines for yourself to see why we say that Illinois IS wine! To learn more about the Illinois Bicentennial, visit Illinois200.com.
We encourage you to follow our Illinois Rosé blog at illinoisrose.wordpress.com to learn more.